Thursday, August 26, 2010
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Spirit Vacations has partnered with the U.S. Virgin Islands to offer fantastic Summer savings!
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
The Westin Resort & Villas, St. John
Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort & Marina
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort & Spa
We are pleased to offer service from:
Vacation packages include roundtrip airfare on Spirit Airlines®, hotel accommodations, roundtrip airport/hotel transfers, hotel taxes and service charges and superior Customer Care Service. All-Inclusive vacation packages also include all meals, snacks, beverages, non-motorized watersports, entertainment and more.
Restrictions: The Sizzlin Sampler promotion applies to new bookings only and is only valid at participating hotels in select room categories. $300 in Air Credit is reflected in package price during the booking process. Coupon booklet is per booking based on stays of four (4) nights or longer and will be given upon arrival at the hotel. See hotel profile under current promotions for the specific room categories this promotion applies to. All travel must be completed within specified date range. Not combinable with other promotions or discounts. Other conditions may apply.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Stacey & Kevin’s European Honeymoon
Kevin and I wanted to go somewhere really special after our wedding and after many discussions on where to go we decided that the prefect honeymoon trip for us was to do a short tour of Europe. It was a crazy, whirlwind trip to some of the most beautiful places in the world! Relaxing it was not, but it was nothing short of perfection!
Our first destination was to Barcelona, Spain. We spent our first few days walking every inch of the city. We saw the Olympic village and stadiums, the fabulous architecture by Gaudi, ate tapas and paella by the ocean and toured the fabulous art museums. It was a fantastic beginning to an amazing trip!
From Barcelona we flew to Venice, Italy. We didn’t spend much time in Venice, (a day and a half) but it was just the right amount of time to be able to see all of the major sites. We walked the city, ate gelato (Stacey’s most favorite thing in the entire world!), toured churches and walked the bridges. It is the most romantic place and we highly recommend going there at least once in your life!
Our favorite honeymoon moment came in Venice. We had a great Italian dinner and then walked through the famous St. Mark’s square on our way back to our hotel. The cafés that line the square have 6 piece classical bands that perform for patrons sitting outside in the night air. But because there are several cafes and each one has their own band, it becomes a battle of the bands at night. Each one will play a few songs and as soon as their set is over the next café’s band starts to play. We sat on the square and ordered a bottle of champagne and just watched and listened. It was so romantic and so classically European!
From Venice we flew to Paris, France where we spent 3 wonderful (and very cold) days walking and exploring the city. We did many of the tourist things that everyone does when they go to Paris: Climbed to the top of the Eifel Tower; went to the museums, took a boat ride at dusk on the Seine. We ate fabulous French food and drank fabulous French wine. The only drawback was it was about 30 degrees colder than it normally is at that time of the year! Even with the cold, it was the perfect excuse to do more honeymoon snuggling!
After three glorious, cold days in Paris we took the train to London. We saw Big Ben, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace and the guards, and we walked through great little London neighborhoods and parks. We rode the London Eye which was such a cool experience to see the city from that high up – you can see everything when you get to the top! Both nights we were in London we had amazing Indian food, which is one of our favorite things to eat, and we even went to a pub for fish, chips and a pint!
The entire trip was so fantastic! We have a ton of memories (and even more pictures!) and it was the perfect way for us to celebrate our marriage!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. Gather the following items: Lei Needle or sewing needle (stainless steel), thread or fishing line, flowers
2. Choose your flowers (stringing method depends on flower type). The flowers used throughout the island include: Walahe'e Haole (Mock Orange), 'Awapuhi ke'oke'o (White Ginger), 'Ilima (Hibiscus), Kepalo (Bouganvilla), Kiele (Gardenia), Kupalo (Tuberose), Loke (Roses),Male (Stephanotis),'Ohai Ali'i (Poinciana), 'Okika (Orchid), Pikake (Arabian Jasmine) but the most famous is Melia (Plumeria).
3. Decide how you will string them. Depending on the flower, the methods are either straight in a single pattern through the center of each flower, or Circular/Double pattern through the stem of each flower. For this step by step, we will discuss the Plumeria flower lei with a single pattern.
4. Take your needle and thread the eye with thread or fishing line.
5. String each flower directly through the center of the flower. (You will need approximately 50 Plumeria blossoms for a single 40 inch lei.) These are somewhat idiot-proof flowers in that they have holes (tubes) right down the center...perfect for making leis!
6. When you have finished stringing all the flowers, tie off the thread/line and cut off any excess.
7. Add a ribbon if you wish! Now you are ready to present it to whomever you wish to honor.